Back2Business with Small Business MKE, Fiserv & Milwaukee Bucks!
Bucks Business Grant
On March 1, Fiserv and the Milwaukee Bucks partnered together to give a gift once only dreamed of to 20 minority-owned businesses in the Milwaukee area. I was lucky enough to be there and to participate in the Back2Business event on behalf of Small Business Milwaukee.
The gift to each individual was a $10,000 grant, along with one year’s paid membership, to Small Business Milwaukee. Tracy was initially contacted by Fiserv late February asking if we’d like to participate and the “big reveal” occurred on March 1. We were so busy (and so happy being so busy) with Zoom conferences and emails during that week as we prepared.
Standing on the same stage as Bob Hau, Chief Financial Officer for Fiserv, and Peter Feigin, President of the Milwaukee Bucks, I packed in as much helpful digital marketing tips for the audience as my time allowed.
Presenting to a Deserving Audience on all things Digital Marketing
With our carefully-crafted PowerPoint presentation on the jumbotron behind me, I launched into the topic of social media management. Acknowledging that it’s a huge struggle for most small business owners, I provided them with relevant info on what to post, where to post and when to post. I asked the audience if they knew who their target market was.
Of course, I also focused on the one thing more important than social media—their websites! It was the perfect opportunity to share Tracy Champagne’s saying, “Your website is your house, and your social media is your backyard.”
I’ve presented to larger groups in the past, but never one that was as gratifying. It was also SO much fun to be in on the secret of the Bucks business grants before they were announced to the larger group. While these 20 small business owners had been told in advance they would be receiving a $1,000 grant, Tracy and I knew ahead of time the actual amount was going to be $10,000.
We were surprised (an understatement), as well, when Fiserv informed us they were paying for one year’s membership to Small Business Milwaukee for all 20 businesses. Tracy, Kim Hand, and I are still floating and we couldn’t be more proud to have been part of this deeply satisfying community event.
Thanks to our good friend, Bill Sargent of Milwaukee Headshots™, for agreeing to videotape and photograph the presentation. It’s great to share it online and to have it for our portfolio and media page.
Overall, this has been an exciting, wonderful way to show how we’re getting our members on the Small Business Milwaukee map!
The 20 Recipients of the Back2Business Bucks Business Grant
- All About Organization, exceptional storage solutions for your bedroom, home office, pantry, garage, and other areas in your living space.
- AMRI Counseling Services, providing quality mental health counseling, substance abuse treatment and family support services to children, adolescents adults, couples and families.
- Antigua Latin Restaurant, representing our Latin culture in Milwaukee by providing exquisite dishes, made with fresh ingredients.
- Carter’s Quality Care, taking pride looking after adults of any age who are developmentally disabled, suffering from mental illness, Alzheimer’s, or dementia
- Direct Care Prenatal, medical specialization is case manager/care coordinator assists pregnant moms and new mothers in maintaining a healthy lifestyle, along with their families, by providing resources
- Fortunuts, a collection of savory, packaged nuts for people who like a snack different from the usual chips and cookies
- Glorious Malone’s Fine Sausages, a 12,000-square-foot plant at 300 W. Walnut St. in Milwaukee opened as part of revitalization efforts, in the King Drive neighborhood producing as much as 235,000 pounds of headcheese a year
- Great Impressions LLC, specializing in digital printing, graphic design, branding, marketing, advertising, and promotional products
- International Barbershop LLC, an upscale barbershop in Brookfield Wi that provides old school barbering services exclusively for Men and Boys with a modern twist haircut
- Ironwood Drive Financial Group, offering a full suite of services to our clients to help them reach their financial goals
- Johnson Media Consulting, LLC, specializes in developing media strategies for corporations, medium and small businesses along with shaping media curriculum for community media organizations and schools.
- Lush Popcorn, aims to end the popcorn prohibition, and revolutionize the snacking industry, one flavor at a time
- Mr. Perkins Restaurant, a classic American diner, Mr. Perkins offers all-day breakfast and dinner specials that often include much-beloved soul food recipes
- NL Suits, personal style consultants take your lifestyle, wishes, and vision seriously when advising and fitting you for your fully custom, made-tomeasure garment
- Nurturing Nature Childcare LLC, a childcare center founded in 2014
- Peachy Clean Commercial & Construction Cleaning, creating opportunities for community members to not only make a sustainable living in the cleaning industry, but to also have pride in the work they do
- Positive Touch Therapy LLC, a wellness spa, who primarily focuses on therapeutic and relaxation massage, customized facials, waxing, and body treatments by using innovative techniques such as hydrotherapy, steam therapy and prescription grade products that penetrate skin for maximum results
- Spearity, partnering with you and your team to ensure you are developing the processes, competencies, and habits needed to set strategic goals and achieve them as an organization
- That Salsa Lady, the only black and woman owned salsa company in the U.S. growing many ingredients making their “flava so local es loco”
- Triciclo, mission is to be a noble ambassador of Peru, a country where food means love.
Congratulations to all for receiving the Bucks Business Grant!
Find More Articles Here:
Grants worth $10,000, plus business consulting services
Minority-Owned Small Businesses Receive $10,000 Back2Business Grants at Fiserv Forum Hosted by Bucks and Fiserv
Kim Knaak – Director of Membership Services
We at Small Business Milwaukee first heard about Inbox Zero from Tracy Champagne, our Founder. Later, we discovered the buzzword has been around since 2006 (or thereabouts). Productivity Expert Merlin Mann coined it when describing his system of managing email and...
According to Photutorial, a stock photography website, approximately 54,400 digital photos are taken worldwide every second. That amounts to 4.7 billion per day and 1.72 trillion photos per year. The site also provides another interesting statistic—92.5% of photos are...
Last month, Forbes came out with 15 Small Business Trends To Watch Through The Rest Of 2022. One of those trends is sharing short-form video (SFV). CEOWorld.biz also says that Short-Form Video Content Is Key to 2022 Marketing Strategies. According to Bill Sargent,...
I began using Elegant Themes when I first started designing WordPress Websites. When the Divi Theme first came out by Elegant Themes back in 2013, I tried it out immediately and have primarily built websites using Divi ever since. "Divi Is Finally Here, And...
They usually come with charisma, enthusiasm, a fresh set of eyes, and a willingness to learn. They’re groomed to become marketers, salespeople, promoters, and on-the-spot troubleshooters. They learn about the Latin culture and memorize an extensive food and drink...
It seems Tracy is everywhere all the time as she works tirelessly for her Small Business Milwaukee clients and its ever-growing network. To help her stay organized, communicate better, create websites, and generate social media content, she uses a lot of different...