Milwaukee Small Business Registrations

To become a legal entity, most small businesses will need to register their company with the federal and/or state agencies. To help you get started, here are some resources you might find very helpful. We are not affiliated with them in any way.

The Internal Revenue Service 

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is the revenue service for the United States federal government, which is responsible for collecting taxes and administering the Internal Revenue Code, the main body of the federal statutory tax law. Small businesses in Wisconsin must report their earnings to the IRS.

Wisconsin Department of Revenue 

The Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) is an agency of the Wisconsin state government responsible for the administration of all tax laws, as well as valuing property and overseeing the wholesale distribution of alcoholic beverages and enforcement of liquor laws.

Wisconsin Unemployment Insurance 

Unemployment insurance in the United States, colloquially referred to as unemployment benefits, refers to social insurance programs which replace a portion of wages for individuals during unemployment.


A charitable contribution is a donation or gift to, or for the use of, a qualified organization. It is voluntary and is made without getting, or expecting to get, anything of equal value. Qualified organizations.

501c3 Wisconsin

501(c) organization is a nonprofit organization in the federal law of the United States according to Internal Revenue

Additional Wisconsin Registration Tools

Here are some additional resources we have found to be very helpful.

Can't Find What You Are Looking For?

We help people like you find the answers and the resources you are looking for. Contact us below and we'll get back to you soon!

Meeting hours

Mon, Wed, Thurs, Fri: 8am - 3:30pm


5300 S.108th St. Ste 15 #135
Hales Corners, WI 53130



Our Services

Business Resources